View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Roke

vCash: 500
Ugh, that long Philadelphia-centric post of mine is right there. Everybody cover your eyes.

I really underestimated their forward depth and Giroux performed better than I expected (Putting up offensive-dynamo numbers in a two-way role rather than merely Plekanec numbers in a two-way role. Giroux, Talbot, and Courturier (what a season he's had) easily handled some tough defensive minutes and the other forwards were able to reap the rewards. They survived losing Pronger and I said they would miss the playoffs if that happened.

Edit: I wasn't too far off on Briere, goal total down by a lot along with his shots (some bad luck on the percentages). Completely out to sea with Hartnell potting 37 (50 more shots and a shooting % of 16.2 when his career is 11.4. If he didn't have a NTC he'd be an excellent sell high candidate because of the % increase). Voracek with 18 which is in the neighbourhood. At the team level I was completely wrong).

It doesn't look like I made standings predictions in the thread but I would have come out badly. I didn't expect the Habs season to be as horrible and insane as it was, ditto for Tampa with all their injuries on defense. Washington would have been up there (probably winning the SouthEast for me) but some bad percentage luck and then the coaching change killed them off. Those three would have all been in my top-6 in the conference.

I also didn't see Ottawa coming and Florida making the playoffs (even though they're probably the worst team to make the playoffs in at least the last 15 years) is shocking.

Hopefully I remember to actually make standings predictions for next year, though that Philly post is bad enough.

Last edited by Roke: 04-07-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Roke is offline   Reply With Quote