View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You can easily add Lacroix, Loiselle and Bergevin to your list. I'd even remove Mcguire and Giguere for the same reasons I wouldn't want Jacques Martin, but it doesn't mean they're not qualified.
How can you take out McGuire, who actually has been interviewed recently for GM positions (Minny)? And you can't add Lacroix, because a reputable member of the media hasn't confirmed Montreal has contacted him. If we're talking about hypothetical candidates, then I heard a rumour on here that Fenton was contacted.

Toronto media members I respect (like Cybulski) are of the opinion that Loiselle isn't really a leader and Bergevin is a rapid riser, but is pretty under-educated (only finishing grade 11) and has admitted he doesn't have a strong grasp of the Cap and contract structuring. Neither has ever interviewed for a GM position before (unlike McGuire and Giguere). Which isn't to say I'd prefer Giguere to Loiselle, I'm just saying that its very, VERY unlikely other teams would interview Bergevin and Loiselle over guys like Fenton, Benning, Kekäläinen, Kevin McDonald, Jeff Gorton or Jason Botterhill.

Last edited by Captain Smurf: 04-07-2012 at 08:05 AM.