Old
04-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I'm pulling for a win... period. I don't care if it's garbage time or game 7 of the cup finals, I am a Wild fan who wants to watch the Wild win any game they play.

That's my perspective. I cannot root for a favorite team of mine to lose... ever.
Well from my perspective I watched the team I care about totally give up and start planning for their early April golf dates back in December when they were still in first. And while I am glad that they've finally recovered their ability to fight back and give a damn, the fact that it comes after being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs gives it an asterisk in my eyes because now all the pressure to succeed is off.

It's sort of like those people who can't take tests. And I mean literally can not take tests because they do so terribly under pressure situations. Take the pressure off and suddenly they do as good as anyone else. That worries me going into next season, honestly. I've learned to expect nothing but the worst from this team, or any other Minnesota team over the 10 years or so I've been watching sports. And I think a high draft pick would be one thing that might really accelerate a long term turnaround.

I'm a defeated Minnesota sports fan. I hope you can respect that.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote