Thread: Vermette
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 10:49 AM
DangleAngle

vCash: 500
To be honest, I have been a little disappointed in Vermette. To be fair, I hadn't really watched him play before we traded for him. Based upon how some described his skating ability, I had hoped for a center who really liked to carry the puck into the offensive zone and lead the charge. He is definitely not that kind of player. He does not look that comfortable carrying the puck. I can see why Columbus tried to play him at left wing. Besides his ability to win faceoffs, I think wing is more of a natural position for him. He also has somewhat of a unique skating style. He reminds me a bit of Jeff Skinner in how he skates (both almost have a figure skating type of style).

That being said, I do think he plays hard, is good in the circle, has above-average hands, is an above-average passer, and has pretty good finishing ability around the net. He just isn't what I had expected when I heard we had acquired a top-line center. Again, I had hoped for a guy that really liked to carry the puck and create with his skating ability.

All that being said, I think last night (against St. Louis) was his best game since being traded. He looked more comfortable out there, and I loved the creativity when he attempted that spin-o-rama play.

DangleAngle is offline   Reply With Quote