View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 11:04 AM
EspenK

vCash: 500
I'd say no one should be untouchable but here is my list of guys I would most want to keep and would require a boatload to get:

JMFJ

Atkinson

Dorsett

first overall draft choice

Here's my guys who I wouldn't want to see go but if the deal was very good, so be it

Wis

Brass

Johansen

Moore

Nikitin

Tyutin

Letestu

Mackenzie

Fence sitting:

Umberger - last 15 games or so he moves up to the above; first part of season, amf

Boll - somebody has to be the tough guy but

Prospal - somebody has to be the seasoned veteran (and its pretty obvious to me he isn't going anywhere)

The rest:

Who cares

Most definitely has to go somewhere:

Mason - back and forth on him but I think he has to go

AJ

Lebda

Bottom line is this team finished 30th; changes have to be made. Who goes and who stays and who joins is going to be interesting to watch. Probably more so than this past season.

And I think Nash has to go unless the offers are just so underwhelming that it would be foolish to trade him. He is the face of the franchise but the franchise has sucked for basically its entire existence. Trading him seems to me to be the quickest way to start reconstructing a new identity. To me John Buccigross summed up the Nash situation perfectly:

I do not believe Rick Nash HAS to move. I do believe reasonable people can work this out. Nash is a very good player and a good person. But if Nash has crossed that bridge, this can be a good thing for Columbus by taking taking advantage of a desperate market like Toronto, who will be a major player this summer. Columbus will have many (potential trade partners) for Nash. They should get a great return, give Jack Johnson the C and follow the Nashville model of drafting, developing and creating a culture. Jeff Carter was doomed from the start. Anyone could see it.