View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 11:41 AM
kirby11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Good break down. This is BIG in many possible ways, and I'm curious how it plays out.

Worst case scenario: This group sticks around and so does Ruff, and they all resent each other. It could be status quo + strife, which would be a disaster.

Other possibilities include this causing a culture change in the locker room. Management stays the same, but the team is made over.

Or we could all be surprised by a change in management. Or there's the very unlikely change in management, change in team (total shakeup edition).

Based on Ruff's comments, Ted Black saying a month ago they're not wed to a core, and the amount of picks and trade bait pieces (I firmly believe Adam, Brennen, Roy, and Gerbe are legitimate options) that Regier has, I think this ends with a team overhaul via trades and cheap FA acquisitions (think bottom 6 guys). Mr. Patience, er Pegula, gives Darcy and Lindy one more year to try this again with new players. If that fails, they're out of excuses.
I'd love to see a team overhaul+ruff out, but i'm not sure if darcy would ever think to fire him.

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote