View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Jussi
Hey everyone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
No loadouts, no stupid perk or armor ability ****.

And some actual good/memorable maps. I can still probably name every Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer map off the top of my head, but I wouldn't be able to name any of the Reach maps even with a picture.

Also the "credits" you earn are really lame. Halo 3 got it right when you needed to do certain achievements to unlock gear. In Reach it felt like a really lame grind to get cool/unique armor, I'm playing a laid back FPS not an MMO.
Granted that would be difficult now because there's so many Forge World variables to choose from these days. Whenever I play with some friends, almost every time there's at least one new map variation that I've never played. I've liked the new variations so far. That is definitely one advantage this series has over CoD or Battlefield: numerous map edits at Forge World. I personally don't care much about armor upgrades etc. but as CoD has proven, you need to have the cheese cubes for the "lab rats" to collect to keep their interest. Whether you like it or not, if you want to keep the players interested in a FPS these days, those kinds of things are basically a must.

Quote:
No More Weapon Camping

One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.
This is an addition I welcome fully.

Quote:
Joining In-Progress Games

So to solve the quitting problem, 343 implemented the ability to join games that are in-progress. My question is are we going to have the ability to search for games starting up instead? It infuriates me to join a game at the last possible second, not even offering me the chance to play.
As is this. Though I do think there should be certain time limit where you can no longer join a game, e.g. last minute.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote