View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I disagree.

if that list of players is this years defense, it is a LOT better overall then last years squad.

main reasons being how young McDonagh, Fayne, Fowler, and Shattenkirk were last year. Shatty and McDonagh were not at the same level of play last year that they are now...they both were very good, but this year those two have become top 10 players for the US with both very likely making the team in 2014...

also, last years squad had Wilson, Fayne, and Komisarek, and all 3 are major steps below the 8 I listed above. there is a big jump in talent from those three to Bogosian, Goligoski, and McBain/Faulk....and its not really that close imo..

last years team didnt fail on defense, we had some solid young guys there, we just had a terrible lack of offense, a poor system (Gordon sucks as a coach), and no top flight goalie to make a big save every now and again.

I expect a much better performance as long as we can land 2-3 of the Stastny, Stafford, Pominville, Kessel, Larose, Slater, Mueller group...we should be just fine offensively..

as a super sleeper, wouldnt mind Eric Nystrom on the fourth line either...him or David Moss could be solid veterans with grit and scoring ability to help out on the third/fourth lines..

this year whether we get Montoya and or Miller...with Bachman or Campbell...I like our goaltending better this year as well.

I agree with the bold. It was the reason the team failed. We had two decent NHL forwards!

Regarding the netminding situation, do you think Montoya is better this year than last year? One of the reasons you mention we did so terrible was goaltending, maybe my memory faults me, but wasn't Montoya the goalie for many of our games?

I like Nystrom. He's been excellent for Dallas this year. Assuming he accepts, I would hope he is on the team.