Old
04-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Really really cool bro like thread

When I have more time I will have to weigh in but safe to say the first press conference when Marlk announced our aquisition of the team and our re-entry to the NHL was something I will never forget. I was on the side of a highway transporting some new Seadoo's back from Minnesoda and stopped to watch it on my iPad. a friend was following me in his vehicle and joined me in my car too watch. two bros that were both fighting back tears as Mark spoke.

Life altering event
That's an awesome story

I landed in Minneapolis Airport from overseas at about noonish on May 31st. We were only going to be in the airport for an hour or so, but we overheard somebody say something about the Atlanta Thrashers (obviously I knew the rumours as a long time BoH follower) and we had a strong suspicion about what happened. We waited in a sports bar until the called our names on the PA saying we had to report to our flight to WPG but all we heard on ESPN was "big news" about the Atlanta Thrashers. Despite this we were basically celebrating, high fiving, maybe a "Go Jets Go" chant in Minneapolis airport. We we fairly sure we had a team and we landed in Winnipeg at 3-4, we told the cabbie to turn it to cjob, and we heard it was confirmed. It was just unreal. Cabbie damn near crashed, we were cellying in the cab so much! Cabbie thought we were nuts, he was asking us all sorts of questions about NHL/Jets in between us celebrating :laugh. It was awesome.

Can't believe that was full NHL season ago.

So excited, so glad I got this game in my draft. It's going to be great game. Just like Game 1, does not matter the score, there will be a loud and long standing ovation after the game. At least that's what I will be doing. Can't wait!!
Go JETS Go!