View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 05:05 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I disagree. Mike has made plays on his own w/o Erat or Erat even being in the game. Kostitsyn has made a couple too on his own but that was w/ his brother AK. I just think that if one person on that line isn't playing well it affects the whole line. They all three have to play well for that line to be good. Erat has to be great on the boards, Mike has to be great in the middle and in front of the goalie and SK has to be able to keep the puck in and not get cherry picked by the other team players to take the puck the other direction and all three need connect better w/ their passes.
That's why I said to an extent. Fish will create something himself every once in awhile more than SK but still not much at all. Erat does all the heavy lifting on that line. He creates space with his skating in open ice with the puck and controlling it along the boards , wins the battles(SK hardly ever wins battles), and creates the room for the other two.

Fish will win some battles but he turns the puck over a good amount when pressured in the offensive zone.

SK needs space to create his magic and 98% of the time he can't create that space for himself.

predfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote