View Single Post
04-07-2012, 04:27 PM
we want cup
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Hey - I'm coming to NYC with one of my girlfriends at the end of April. She has her design on seeing theatre - which I don't want to see. For me? My dream in life for so long has been to see a Yankees game...she refuses to come. I'm at the point where I'm content to go and watch a game without anyone coming.

What do people thing about that? Am I okay going to a Yankees game alone (assume I won't be bored by myself and I won't show up in a Blue Jays jersey)? there anything I should be worried about if I go to the game alone?

Also...will I be okay getting to/from Yankee stadium? Our hotel is on W. 47th between 7th Ave. and 6th Ave. I'm from Toronto...which obviously isn't as big as NYC...but I've been there before and am not from a one stoplight town or anything like that.

My main this is I really, really want to go to a Yankees game (have loved the team for a long time)...and this trip to NYC I finally have the time (while they're in the city)...and am wondering whether it's cool if I buck up and just go on my own?....
Nothing wrong with going to the game on your own. I've certainly seen it done before. If you aren't antagonistic, you shouldn't catch much flak, either.

As far as safety, NYRFAN218 is pretty spot-on with everything. You'll be perfectly fine, as there will be a mass of other people going at the same time. Just follow the crowd.