View Single Post
Old
03-02-2006, 05:08 AM
Birko19

vCash: 500
Brewer is hurt? if that's the case then forget the trade, the whole reason why I would want Brewer is for a playoff push, the Red Wings have the following players on defense:

Lidstrom
Kronwall
Schneider
Chelios
Lilja
Woolley
Lebda
Rivers

Lidstrom and Schneider are our safest bets, Chelios is old so you never know (Even though he's doing well so far), Kronwall is amazing talent no doubt but he's already been injured seriously twice so you never know with him, Lebda has been a nice surprise but he's no more then a depth player at this point, Lilja is Lilja (Depth), the other two I'm not too crazy about, Woolley can be good in the PP but he's pushing his age and Rivers is not a player you want in your line-up comes playoff time.

I'm seriously hoping Kronwall and Chelios hold up in the playoffs because behind Lidstrom and Schneider our defense if very thin and we cannot afford any injuries, that's why getting a d-man instead of a forward would be more helpful for the Wings, although Drake would be a nice addition and should come quite cheap too, but who are we gonna sit if we have Drake? give me one player you would sit from the Detroit line-up:

Zetterberg (No)
Datsyuk (No)
Shanahan (No)
Yzerman (No, not in the playoffs)
Draper (No)
Maltby (No)
Holmstrom (No)
Franzen (No)
Williams (No, but can be debated)
Samuelsson (No)
Cleary (He's a solid Pker but it can be debated)
Lang (No)

All these players on the Wings have a role and they're all counted on in the playoffs, the only 2 I see that could sit are Williams and Cleary, I don't think it's wise to sit Williams because he can put up good numbers and play on the top 2-lines, Cleary is the only one but I really like him on the PK and I seriously don't wanna mess with it, unless Drake could somehow fit in I don't see why would Detroit rather get a forward then a d-man.