03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
couple of trotz's comments about the game;

on legwand;

"I did not like his play at all," Trotz said. "I didn't think he performed very well.... I thought he was fine in the first [period], but overall I was a little bit disappointed in his game." Legwand centered a line with Steve Sullivan on left wing and Martin Erat and Mike Sillinger splitting time on right wing.

on who he thought played well;

Trotz did recognize the solid play of the line of Yanic Perreault, Kariya and Scottie Upshall, though, as the unit generated a number of opportunities in the offensive end throughout the game.

"[That line was] creating some stuff, but we still have to get more pucks to the net and a little more traffic and we weren't able to do that tonight unfortunately," he said.

did trotz see the same game i saw?
Wow...didn't see that coming. Again, I liked the fact that Legwand was always in the middle of the action when he was on the ice. I feel that his conditioning level isn't where it should be and that caused him to get fatigued very quickly, but I thought he did a solid job of carrying the puck through the neutral zone and creating/helping offensive cycling opportunities. I'm sure there is something there we just don't know about...at least I hope so. Calling out Legwand's performance last night when he appeared to be giving a good effort despite his long absence really isn't too high in my opinion.

While I liked the Kariya-Perreault-Upshall line when they created offense, I felt that they were especially guilty of trying to make that extra pass far too often. I also felt that Perreault lost a few opportunities to shoot from the slot by simply waiting too long as well.