Old
11-19-2003, 05:50 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
some comments on Jamie...

First, him centering that line is assinine. It's a line consisting of three guys who have trouble with the puck, forcing them to do things they're not capable. They're doing a very good job, but would be more help to others.

Second, I'm disappointed in the fact that he plays like a girl. Constantly peeling away from a hit. Constantly avoiding contact. Constantly getting knocked off the puck. It's just disappointing because he played a rough style in juniors, but is somehow still too small.

What I will recognize is that he has an NHL shot, wheels, and I believe smarts. He will continue to disappoint point-wise until put into another role in which you can take advantage of his strengths (he can get to the puck quickly and poke it deep - he can shoot nicely - and he'd diligent on the backcheck - after that, he's lacking, but other areas may develop).

And Ortmeyer - how stocked was he when patted on the back by Mess after a shift? He could potentially become Holik's right wing. Pretty strong on his skates. Good wheels (took me a while to notice). Likes to shoot (and has a decent shot). Decent size. Doesn't get fancy. Will sacrafice his body. Smart defensively. I hope he continues to develop - and perhaps with the proper development will bring an offensive game to the table.
Ortmeyer reminds me of your boy Troy Malette, if he only had that kind of size :p