View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
So looking towards the offseason, this is what I realistically think could happen/hope happens...

Heatley - Koivu - Coyle

Splitting up the top line from this year. From everything I hear and think I understand about they way Coyle plays, I feel he would be a great compliment to Heatley's and Koivu's games. Good along the boards, in the cycle game, goes to the net. It would be a top line that may not have a lot of speed, but they have size and could really forecheck well. It also puts Coyle with two veterans and in a good position to succeed.

Latendresse - Granlund - Setoguchi

Obviously dependent on Latendresse's re-signing (which I am in favor of) and health (which I hope improves). I have a feeling that Granlund starts on the wing, but I feel that this would put him in a very favorable position, with two shooters. Maybe not the best defensively, but should be able to play in the offensive zone.

Cullen - Brodziak - Clutterbuck

Because I have to put Cullen somewhere, he goes on Brodziak's LW and Clutterbuck on the right. Should be a good cycle line with the ability to be somewhat of an offensive threat.

Powe/Kassian - Almond - Johnson

Re-sign Johnson, he'll be cheap. On ok 4th line. If not Almond, then find a cheap, veteran 4th line center in FA (maybe Campbell or Moore). It gets the job done.

Scandella - Gilbert

Gilbert seemed to calm Scandella down during these final games, not to mention Gilbert playing very well himself. As they have shown, they can play very heavy minutes.

Brodin - 2nd Pairing D

Assuming Brodin makes the team. Not sure who I'd put on the right side, as I'd rather see Spurgeon on the 3rd pair. Looking internally, Kampfer is the only one that would be able, and finding one if FA might require a larger commitment of years and dollars. Don't know about this one, it will probably end up being Spurgeon. Hopefully we draft a guy that will fit here in a couple years.

Falk/Prosser - Spurgeon

Prosser as the 7th guy. Gives us some puck moving ability and some size/physicality on the 3rd pairing.

Backstrom
Harding/Hackett

We've talked about this a lot. I imagine one of the two will back up next year.

Heatley - Koivu - Coyle
Latendresse - Granlund - Setoguchi
Cullen - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Powe - Almond/FA - Johnson
Kassian

Scandella - Gilbert
Brodin - Kampfer/FA
Falk - Spurgeon
Prosser

Backstrom
Harding/Hackett

We'd also have about $15m in cap room, depending on any free agents. Notice no mention of Parise or Suter.

Anyways, this is just off the top of my head.

Last edited by Dr Jan Itor: 04-07-2012 at 11:35 PM.