View Single Post
Old
04-07-2012, 11:35 PM
IAMREALITY
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I'm kinda with ya. My two boys, 6 and 8, have followed all season. First year they finally started watching with me. They went to bed so sad. I wanted it for them so badly, but what can ya do.

I'm a bit bummed myself. Sure, doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but it is a banner and it is a point of pride. But what concerns me is that a good team, a really good team, a stanley cup potential team, would've won this game. That's what good teams do. They take care of business. But these last two games? To lose both? We didn't earn the trophy. It's as simple as that. And I'm glad Vancouver is looking like they're gonna win their game, cause I didn't want the trophy because they lost. I wanted it because we won. We didn't.

Now we move on to Ottawa, the one team we have the worst record against all season long. First round is gonna be interesting for sure. We've sucked against Ottawa this year, and I'm kinda terrified now going into the playoffs.

I just wanted to see them shine. I wanted them to go out there and take care of business, with confidence and decisiveness. I wanted us to make a statement. So I don't care what anyone says; we definitely got a little punch to the gut these last few games. But alas, tis true, the season is over and the new season begins. May we reconnect with our swagger and kick the Senators back to canada...

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote