Thread: Post Game Talk: Habs 4-1 Leafs. Season is over
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Bob Lemoche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgtml67 View Post
When you look at a PRO team you have to look at their AHL team as well. The Canadiens; on the other hand are last place in the entire AHL. I am glad I am not a Habs fan. They are screwed beyond belief. Possibly worse then we ever were. The bulldogs being last and NHL being last is horrendous. The big leafs finish 5th last BUT 4th OVERALL. There is way more light at the end of our tunnel.
That's a very simplistic way to look at it.

The Habs best prospects didn't play in the AHL this year. Most of them will be in the AHL next year though. What do you think will happen to the Bulldogs when Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Kristo and possibly Forsberg come play for them... Yeah, I thought so.

Also, Price (24 yo) + subban (22 yo) + Pacioretty (23 yo) are better than any 3 young players you can put together on the Leafs.

And let's not forget that the Habs played without their #1 defenseman for 90% of the year yet finished only 2 points behind the Leafs in a year that everything went wrong.

The Habs are 2 year removed from a conference final and 1 year removed from a 7th game overtime to the eventual SC champion. I'd say it's pretty bold to call the Leafs, who've just missed the playoffs for the 8th consecutive time, in better shape than the Habs.

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens with both teams... These two franchises deserves to battle it out for first place... not for a lottery pick.

Bob Lemoche is offline   Reply With Quote