View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 12:35 AM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Joe will most certainly not be fired. Short of blowing up the team completely, he has done a pretty decent job of keeping the team somewhat competitive. More competitive than the abysmal Phoenix Coyotes teams of the past decade.
A job that would've been done better by keeping the coach who had the capability of taking mediocre teams to playoffs. IMO, competitive = makes playoffs, even though it doesn't make much noise there.

Quote:
He brought in Kari, Ryder, gave Larsen and Vincour their chances to stick, and has drafted pretty well outside of the big question marks in Glennie, Campbell and Oleksiak.
Oleksiak's offensive skills are questionable and last I heard, he isn't very physical like a Dougie Hamilton. However, he is blessed with great size and strength and impeccable skating skills. Brandon Worley on DFD seems to think so.

Quote:
Next year, I hope we will see Joe put together a team that will be able to compete and succeed. With the veterans we have, we won't. With Gully, we might not, but that remains to be seen. We don't know what kind of social dynamics go on in the locker room. Maybe the old guard needs to be fractured and re-integrated. Maybe we need to put the leadership in the locker room onto someone who will keep things realistically optimistic and not be the guy who creates a divide between management and the other players. Maybe we just need to round out the roster with guys who are capable hockey players to compliment our slowly deteriorating veteran complement?

We need to find a coach with more oomph and a roster with more reliable talent that comes out to play hockey. I hope Gaglardi gives Joe a leash next year, but GMJN needs to go out and right the ship.
He needs to go out and right the ship for sure, but I don't know if he fires Gully. Doesn't look good. We'll see how Gully does with a better squad and for that GMJN does deserve this off-season to show us he can be a strong front-office leader and he'd better be ready for it.