View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
A job that would've been done better by keeping the coach who had the capability of taking mediocre teams to playoffs. IMO, competitive = makes playoffs, even though it doesn't make much noise there.

Oleksiak's offensive skills are questionable and last I heard, he isn't very physical like a Dougie Hamilton. However, he is blessed with great size and strength and impeccable skating skills.

He needs to go out and right the ship for sure, but I don't know if he fires Gully. Doesn't look good. We'll see how Gully does with a better squad and for that GMJN does deserve this off-season to show us he can be a strong front-office leader and he'd better be ready for it.
Gully has enjoyed nothing but success where ever he has coached until he got to Dallas. Same with Willie. It doesn't seem that the coach is going to be able to fix this team. I would keep Gulutzan on for ONE more season with a less ornery and more talented roster.

And yeah, I suppose that Gill isn't a terrible comparison. Gill was drafted in the 8th round in 93, played 4 full years of college hockey and is still playing in the NHL today. 15 years and he's still the best PKing D-man out there. But would a Hal Gill be drafted in the first round these days? Not likely. Especially with more "hockey talent" rather than "physical talent" left on the board...