View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 03:42 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
I saw your post and responded to it in that thread.

PT means jack****. Really. The President's Trophy as a consolation for losing the Stanley Cup is like a bandaid over a gunshot wound. That's the metaphor I used and I stand by it.

It was nice to win last year just for the fact the Canucks had never done it before but beyond that, it's meaningless. Let me put it this way: in all the sniping and *****ing on the main board this year about the Canucks, how many times has "We won the President's Trophy!!" settled any argument? Zero, right? All it does is bring out the really vicious attacks because the big prize is all that matters at this stage.
Well you really don't need to prove anything to anyone. It's just that 10 years from now, I'd be looking a little more fondly on this season if we lost with the PT than without the PT. Also, compare the teams that win the PT and win the cup to the other cup winners and I think the PT winners are in a class of their own. They are seen as dominant teams rather than just champions. At least that's in my eyes. We probably wouldn't win the cup either way. There are still too many holes on this team.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote