View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 04:44 AM
HankieDankie

vCash: 500
In the moment last year, the PT did not help deal with the SCF loss at all. At that point you are just too upset.

But looking back, and maybe a few years from now others will agree, the PT is a reminder of just how great our team was last year. Yes, we lost in the end, but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate what we did accomplish. We were absolutely dominant all year long. I remember we were going to be the first team to finish 1st in GF/GA/PP/PK since the 70's Habs, till we screwed up the PK in last game of the season. It was a special season. The franchise's first PT is important for a franchise that doesn't have a great history of winning. It's just like when Henrik won the franchise's first Art Ross/Hart. Yeah, it doesn't mean much in the big picture, but that doesn't mean you can't be proud of what you accomplished.

I just hate the mentality some people have towards the PT. Yes, the Stanley Cup is the one that matters, but winning the PT is no easy feat (let alone back to back). It doesn't help with the loss of the cup, but I still appreciate it. Similar to how, if Hank (your Hank) won the Vezina, but you guys didn't win the cup, it wouldn't help with being eliminated, but you would still appreciate his accomplishment.

That's my take on it. Btw, good luck to you Rangers, I'm a big Gaborik fan

HankieDankie is offline   Reply With Quote