View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 09:50 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Jacket70 View Post
I think Richards returns. . .but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else steps in.

Gotta remember, there are only 30 of these jobs in the NHL and any hockey coach with any ambition at all wants one of these jobs. I would think that the CBJ job would be especially tempting because there's no way to go but up. A new coach wouldn't be following a legendary coach or have to live up to a history of success. It would be an opportunity to make your mark as a coach in the NHL and, if he can bring success, get noticed. Arniel tried and failed, but that won't stop others from trying. . . .
I thought about this and theoretically, you're right. I was using it as a main point during the CBJ last coaching search, However, the Guy Boucher thing kinda blew that out the water for me. Boucher was, for everything I've read and seen, offered the job before he had even formally interviewed with Tampa and he basically gave the organization the run around while his people worked behind the scenes until he got the official interview with Yzerman.

I don't think this organization can afford another situation like that. Thats twice now where the number one targeted candidate for a position here turns us down.... Do they risk number three?