View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
In a way yes, but in a way no.

Yes. I felt it immediately after the game ended and the realization sunk in that there would be no more Habs games for the next six months. It's not even about making the playoffs and being one and done, but the fact that they had hit the 82 game marker and the season was over. I guess it helped that they were eliminated from playoff contention a couple of weeks before the actual season was over, so that lowered the amount of damage but it's still sad to know that the Habs finished dead last in the East.

No. The draft junkie that I am, I can't help but feel excited that the Habs will select - at worst - in the 4th spot. That means they have a shot at one of Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk or Forsberg. Maybe Murray if they want to make their defense rock solid in the future. Knowing that the Habs have a chance at making their future brighter with three picks in the first two rounds only brings a smile to my face. Also knowing that Markov will start next year instead of being on the sidelines for 90% of the year is a good thing. Injured players will be back and ready to go and next year will be much, much better.

Until then, Go Habs Go.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote