View Single Post
Old
03-02-2006, 06:18 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr
I'm absolutely in favor of getting rid of either the coach or the GM that's taken us from just into the playoffs to 4th place in the conference. Forget the fact that Poile took Washington to a finals or that Trotz won the AHL cup. It's got to be their fault that the players aren't playing well!!!

Legwand was okay last night not as great as y'all want to think. The others played not as well as I would like.

Did it ever occur to anyone that we aren't going to sweep all the games in our division even if the opponent is Chicago, Columbus or St. Louis? Do you remember what it was like a few years ago when even we would win some games at times?

We're not going to win the Cup this year, folks. But I believe Poile and Trotz will one of these years.

Yeah, Trotz and Poile had a great hand in all those games in which we were doubled up in shots but won because Vokoun played Hamburglar and won us the game. Overall, I don't think this is as good of a TEAM as 03\04. That's a heavy statement..but have you been watching our games, since December? This has been a STEADY decline. It might not seem like much to ask to sweep the teams we SHOULD sweep...but when you've only won 4 games against teams over 500...going back THREE MONTHS...then isn't it kind of important to get the points you can?

You talk about winning the cup...I'm worried that we're not going to make the playoffs, and what has Trotz done in the past months that makes you feel that he's doing such a marvelous job coaching? The way he never adjusts for anything? Maybe you're enamored with those fancy line mixups he makes?

I have no problem with Poile, overall. Trotz...I haven't been a fan of since 01-02. He deserves a little credit for how far the team came, but not all or even most of it. My point is driven home every night that Sullivan mans the point, or every day that Trotz whines about "X random young player" while talking out the other side of his mouth to praise completely ineffective vets like Kariya and Perreault.