Thread: Speculation: The 2012 NHL Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 10:45 AM
vanskillZ

vCash: 500
So yeah we have all these picks, here are some thoughts about the european based players...

Filip Forsberg - Leksand Allsvenskan
The top ranked european player in the draft by pretty much every scouting agency. Good skater, mobile, size, shot and good stickhandling. Right-handed forward with nice two way game, but must improve that part of his game. Good while carrying the puck. I have heard positive things about his attitude aswell. The thing that strikes me is that he is a pure upside pick, he wont make nhl next season like you would expect from top3 pick these days. First line winger upside.

Teuvo Teräväinen - Jokerit Sm-Liiga
The top ranked finnish player. 5'11ish forward with good skating. The thing that strikes about his skating is his upward Stamkos-like skating stride. At the Ivan Hlinca tournament earlier this season scouts were questioning his willingness to go traffic areas, but from what i can gather most of them have changed their mind about the him. He outshined Forsberg and Collberg at a recent u18 event. Great ability to keep the puck and does have a good wrister. I heard earlier that he was kind of a diva and did not practice that much, but as the season has gone on he has appereantly cleaned up his act and is one of the hardest working guys at practice.

Could be a risky pick, but then a again there are no sure picks.

Sebastian Collberg - Frölunda Indians Elitserien

Very high skill level, tries to skate his way in to high trafic areas. Great at 1on1 ability, Has not been ready to exel at mens top level yet, but could be on whole new level next year. About 5'11. Really needs to bulk up in the offseason. Out of these three have seen least so i cant say that much. Wheather he can translate his puckhog style in the small rink is the thing that makes me wonder what is his upside. Could be a Pääjärvi or Franzen with smaller frame.

Ville Pokka - Kärpät Sm-Liiga

Smalish defender at 6'0 but highly skilled for a defenseman. Overall very good offensive talent, but lacks good skating abilty and explosivnes that small nhl defensemen usually have. Could be someone to target at the second round or later. If he had the skating he would go first round. Style wise very close to former lightning Janne Niskala, but with better skill and similar good slapshot.

Some other Guys to look out are 3 defensemen Hampus Lindholm, Esa Lindell, Mikko Vainonen and forward Pontus Åberg but i have seen these guys only less then 10 games so i cant really comment on them.