Best Habs games of that pathetic season
View Single Post
04-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
1. Running over the Red Wings, beating them 7-2.
- Although it was quite the off-night for the Wings, it was still fun to see the Habs fill the net up against the power house and win the game. The Desharnais-Cole-Pacioretty line combining for four goals on the night while Emelin scored his first NHL goal.
2. Ruining Winnipeg's home opener, beating them 5-1.
- Coming off a 2-0 loss against Toronto to open up the season, it was great to see the boys having fun and netting a few goals. Cammalleri also scored his first of the year with the beauty snipe that we were used to watching last year. Too bad it couldn't last. It was also fun to see Winnipeg's crowd. Great atmosphere.
3. Eller scores four goals, Habs beat the Jets 7-3.
- At a time where some were obsessed with the fact that Cunneyworth could not speak French, Eller put that to rest for one night. Scoring four goals and named as the first star, the great Dane got a standing ovation normally reserved for a legend making an appearence at the Bell Centre.
4. Habs beat Toronto 5-0, ruin Mats Sundin's night.
- Nothing like honoring a former Leaf that use to take pleasure ruining the Habs in games, only to have to sit there and watch his former team get run over.
5. Habs lose to Toronto 3-1, I attended the game.
- Even though the Habs lost, I enjoyed the game with my son at the Bell Centre on his 6th birthday that night. We were really pumped and my son loved the game. We got to see a Brown-Staubitz fight, some really good hits, a goal by Cole and even some pre-game shenanigans between Emelin/Geoffrion and Kessel.
Head of Hockey Department
Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
View Public Profile
Crimson Skorpion's albums
Find More Posts by Crimson Skorpion