View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Truth is, I feel 'empty' in a different way every year after the last game is played. I felt empty and angry last year after losing to Boston in game-seven. I felt empty and sad after watching Philly put an end to our wondrous Halak-ian run in 2010. I felt empty and amazed when all the promise of 2008 went *poof*. And I felt empty and embarrassed after all those patchwork disasters in the late 90s and early 2000s, when our organization was twitching with knee-jerk trades like a headless chicken.

Geez - I even felt empty and wistful after each Stanley Cup win, as the last wisp of newspaper articles about the Habs melted away in the hot summer.

This year is something new for me as a Habs fan. Hockey's finished, but the Habs aren't. I am actually looking forward to an off-ice event: a top draft pick. For the first time I can remember, the blinders are off, the Cup is temporarily off the table, and the focus is on building through youth. It's refreshing, actually.

So, no, I don't feel empty, because rather than feeling like something's ended, it instead feels like something is just beginning.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote