View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Molson has been meeting with Savard for a months now. Savard's fingerprints are already on many of the moves we began seeing half way through this season. So no, there is no reason to think a master plan's afoot to stock the roster with francophones at the expense of the best players. Savard's way too smart for that, and Molson's way too smart to hire him if that was the case.

Take this at face value. Savard is an intelligent hockey mind who brings winning standards and that important local link. In fact, with Savard there to fill the fans' need for a local link, the organization can hire anyone of any language.

As to running the team, no GM would take the job if he became a puppet to Savard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Good riddance, have fun cheering for the winning tradition of the Leafs!

I don't really care one way or another for this posting. It's good that Molson is appointing people around him in the high-management sphere who know about hockey.

We'll see who they appoint GM and Coach. THEN I'll make a judgment call. But I am happy that Savard won't just pick the next leader and get out without facing the consequences of his decision.

I am not sure what bad comes out of this.. If anything, Savard will know how to compete with Quebec for the attention of fans.
Agree with both of you. As for Young Gun: