View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 09:07 AM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
If they hadn't dicked around with Hossa, he could have been the second line center by now and we wouldn't have any more midgets in the lineup.

Bulis-Hossa-Ward would have been interesting: speed, size, grit, good hands, all halfway decent passers, great at the cycle, solid defense.

Instead, what we have could be:

Bulis-Ribeiro-Hossa

Which I'd also like to see.

The top line has an interesting thing going with both wingers playing "out of position". They were crisscrossing in the offensive zone and it seemed to mix up the coverage and worked for two goals. We'll see, after teams study video, if that can keep working or not.

I also wouldn't mind seeing: Bulis-Hossa-Higgins or something along those lines. Higgins looked ready to me when he was up.
I think Bulis is best utilized in a checking-line role. That's why I like him on line 3 with Juneau and another defensively responsible player. Kilger can play that role for now. In fact, that's the only thing I can see him doing this year; he doesn't play with enough emotion to play on a crash line, and he doesn't bring enough offense to play on a top-two line. If he can fine-tune his defensive skills, he might finally find his niche in the NHL.