View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
I have put not spin on this either way. I have stated that it was a bad trade, but simply pointed out that if things had transpired differently that we probably wouldn't be looking at the pick we have now. Something that you essentially suggested when you said that the Habs would have battled for a playoff spot with him on the squad.
I was just saying that the way you phrased it is a nice way of looking at it that's all. It's kind of the way we have to look at things if we want to be positive.

What happened happened... nothing we can do about, so we might as well just try to hope for the best in the future. The top five pick will (hopefully) help.
Quote:
I never defended the trade, so I don't understand why you feel you have to argue that it was a bad one... As I have stated several times now, I agree that it was disastrous. I'm also not arguing that a top pick years ago would have been ideal. Of course it would, that is common sense.
I didn't suggest or think that you did.
Quote:
I was mearly pointing out that if McD had been kept, the reality of the situation is that with the management and their philosophy of making the playoffs as the top priority, Montreal probably wouldn't have gotten a top pick in either this year, or the 3 years before it.

Its obvious that keeping McD was the best choice 4 years ago. They lost him for pretty much nothing. When asking my question I was assuming that the Canadiens were in the present day situation, and not some hypothetical timeline that has been constructed in hindsight.
Right, I get it. All I was trying to do was answer your question. And yeah, I think it's bad despite the top 5 pick. I gave my reasoning why above.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote