View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Mmmh... Savard is now a businessman, and he's been in the Hockey business for a long time.

That Molson wants a buffer between the 2 worlds to act as a "bridge", so to speak, between Molson and the new GM is actually good. He's probably going to have responsibilities that are akin to what Pierre Boivin had.

I don't see this being bad, unless he starts deciding on hockey stuff instead of the GM.
"... That Molson wants a buffer between the 2 worlds to act as a "bridge", so to speak, between Molson and the new GM is actually good..."

^^That is exaclty how I see the job description of Serge Savard^^

Before this nomination, the GM immediate superior was the president (Molson, previously Pierre Boivin...) but now it is the senior vice president, hockey operations – Serge Savard. If Molson felt the need to add an advisor, he chose a good one.

The GM's job description has not change: he will still be the biggest decision maker in terms of hockey related decisions. I am really happy that the Montreal Senators era is coming to an end... despite Serge Savard's nickname!

-----------------------

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledevin View Post
Serge Savard denies everything. /end thread!

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 04-08-2012 at 04:09 PM.