View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 05:13 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
The best is Bilingual.....everyone agrees, including the organization.....the only one not supporting this are the anglo-Montrealers. That pretty much says it all, no? There is a high end list of candidates and frankly....most of them are on everyone's radar, not just in Montreal....
What? Just by virtue of the fact they are bilingual? uhh no.

As for anglo-Montrealers not buying into the must speak french thing, it's cuz we CAN speak French, want to win and our opinion of who should be GM is solely based on wanting to win and not the muddy waters of finding the best person to help us win who can also speak French. Basically my opinion is not biased. If the best candidate is billingual, then sure, it's a cosmetic bonus, but at the end of they day I don't care, I just want the best.

Your argument just suggests that the people who don't have a language bias and only care about winning don't think that the person should be bilingual.

Fact of the matter is he WILL speak French just cuz of the previous **** storm that was created. It's going to be that way for better or worse. I don't think we will get the best man to lead us to a Cup because of this, since the best potential GMs do not speak French (I mean that they happen not to, not by virtue of the fact). I've accepted that we'll get someone below the optimal candidate and hopefully he can do a good enough job.

In your opinion, who would make the best GM (take language out of it)?