View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
This was probably during the period of "weighted voting." Some cities (like Montreal) had far more accredited members of the press than other cities, and they weighed the votes so every city had equal say. So if Montreal had 20 voters and Chicago just 2, each Chicago writer got 10 times the say of each Montreal writer.

So I don't think there are any mistakes there, just... an interesting way of counting votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
This. Harmon's votes came from writers from less represented market so each vote received more weight on average.
Well, look at that.... Looks like you do learn something every day. Good to see that vecens is right without me being wrong

It looks like the NHL did, according to their weighted vote method, correctly award Glen Harmon a place on the 2nd All-Star Team. That doesn't, however, change the fact that it was a pretty bad way to count votes. Despite the fact that he was awarded the 2nd team all-star, it appears that he wasn't truly deserving of that honour. I'm sure this is not a matter that vecens and I will agree on, so I'll leave it at that.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote