View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
1st lines: Advantage Vancouver

Boucher is definitely the best offensive creator, but Milt Schmidt is definitely the best player on either line. Jackson>Conacher. It's close, but Busher definitely has the higher game-breaking ability in a playoff series. Anderson>Drillon, even though Glenn is routinely one of the most overrated player taken in the ATD. He's not a 165-185 range player, more like 205-215 IMO. He's a glue guy, where as Drillon actually has legit front-line skills despite his much talked about flakey ways on here. Vancouver takes this in both offence and two-way ability thanks to the guy in the middle for me.
I'm not sure I agree that Jackson is better than Conacher here. Conacher is clearly the better goalscorer. He had multiple top-2s in goalscoring before and after the war, so he is one of he guys who is most impacted by that event. He's also playing the a center who is going to do nothing by feed him the puck.

Jackon, on the other hand, is forced to be the offenive leader on his team, which is something he never was in real life. As good as Schmidt is as an all-around player, he's not exactly an offensive force. According to contemporary sources, Jackson wa the 3rd wheel of the kid line, so is he really going to be able to lead his line here?

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote