View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Anyway, a real quick statement on the forwards I would say is that I planning on matching Gilmour against Stewart for sure. I like his bulldog mentality and physicality to match up with Stewart. I expect to get the better of this matchup because Stewart is nothing special in the playoffs, and Gilmour is an animal in the playoffs as we know.
To be honest, I don't see any advantage there for you. First of all, just because Gilmour won't back down doesn't mean he's going to win. He'll keep coming back, and he'll keep getting slaughtered. Nels Stewart has lot of weaknesses, but he's one of the biggest forwards in the draft, and he likes to hurt people.

Gilmour's speed will help him get in Stewarts way in open ice and slow him down. He's also be able to keep the inside lanes, which prevents battles from even happening. If you just step in and take the puck before he gets it, there is no battle.

The biggest reason that this doesn't really work in your favour is that Stewart isn't really stylistically similar to most centers. The biggest problem he is going to cause is in the slot.... and it's pointless for Gilmour to cover him there. He's already being covered by the defenseman. Also, if Gilmour's in the slot, my team has a 2-on-1 against youre defenseman, which means our whole shift will be in your end. In open ice, Gilmour prevent Stewart from getting the puck much, but Stewart wouldn't get it much anyway.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote