View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Trevor3

vCash: 500
I had finally managed to get tickets to the Caps game against Portland last Wednesday, went out for supper before the game and got sick...ended up missing the game. Luckily, tickets seem to be equal to currency in this city and I had a taker for them within 5 minutes. Sadly, I missed my only chance to see a game during the inaugural season , I'm not even trying to playoff tickets, I would rather maintain all my bodily appendages.

But yeah, nowhere in Canada matches the distraction that is downtown St. John's. Every major city has its 4 and 5 star restaurants, you go for a meal and a drink, a nice time. George is just crazy, I've gone out in major cities and nothing compares to it...nothing but bars, bands, pubs, and girls running around in high heels and short skirts no matter if its 20 above or 20 below. If I was a young pro hockey player, I'd be havin' and time.

The often claim is most bars per square foot in North America. Per capita I'm not sure, but as a fun aside, I know my hometown of Stephenville has a ratio of 1 bar to every 479 people. St. John's would need 222 bars to better that ratio, any idea how many are in the city?

Back on topic, St. John's = AHL. I love the Q, but it will never work in Newfoundland unless it comes as a two team expansion to create an instant rivalry so the fans have something to get into. And there is no secondary market where the Q could work in this province, unfortunately.

Trevor3 is offline   Reply With Quote