View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
He is so mean to Harry though.
With good reason - RJ has to keep correcting him on simple, obvious facts like what the score is, which player just got a penalty or assisted on a goal or what period it is. Neale's deteriorating attention span and meaningless mumbles of corny jokes or irrelevant trivia clearly are detracting from RJ's work and likely becoming annoying to RJ, despite his friendship with Neale.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Duff told me via tweet that he'd be honored to join the booth on a full-time basis next year.
I really hope he gets a shot..
...which is why I think if Black is savvy enough to promote Duff to that role, it would be a win-win situation for everyone. Duff would get a full-time role working for the team he grew up following; fans and viewers would get refreshing and well-thought commentary for the first time in years; and I think RJ would be frankly rejuvenated by working alongside a true professional who obviously does his homework and is well prepared for every game. Duff would do what an analyst is supposed to do: add in-depth insight to the action and passion RJ brings.

I almost am just as hopeful for serious upgrades to the broadcasting crew this summer as I am for upgrades to the roster and on-ice product.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote