View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 08:43 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
My other offer was 1st + Clutter + Bulmer and I was told it was not enough value. Toss in Haula who simply does not have a future on this team.

Clutter, like I said before, collapsed after Schultz was traded. I did not like his game after the trade deadline at all. Clutter is our only guy who could get some great trade value, IMO. Others have said drop him in the future, why not sooner so we could get a dynamic guy like Vanek?

I've never been high on Bulmer, even when he supposedly played so well with the team this fall. I could be totally wrong but I don't see him amounting to all that much.

I'd like either Trouba or Gal with our first rounder, otherwise I'm not really interested in anyone but Teuvo Teravainen, and he looks to be a mid/late first according to most.

Pick up a 2nd with Vanek in our trade, package that new second with the Washington one to move into the late 1st, and we could take a defender or Teuvo. I'd be happy with that.

I'm also crazy(well, not compared when compared to Avder, but compared to most ), so my proposals could be seen as much.
First of all, if the Sabres are going to trade away Vanek they're going to want much more than that in return. If they're trading him away they're admitting that they are going into a rebuild phase. No way they're going to do that with a pretty high first, a checking winger with 20goal ceiling, a duplicate player (with possible greater upside), and a player that has a long way to go to make it to the show. They would be looking to return something more along the lines of our 1st + Phillips (or player of that stature) + a mid prospect like Haula. There's not a snowballs chance in hell the Wild come close to touching something like that.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote