View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Ovechkid08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
First of all, if the Sabres are going to trade away Vanek they're going to want much more than that in return. If they're trading him away they're admitting that they are going into a rebuild phase. No way they're going to do that with a pretty high first, a checking winger with 20goal ceiling, a duplicate player (with possible greater upside), and a player that has a long way to go to make it to the show. They would be looking to return something more along the lines of our 1st + Phillips (or player of that stature) + a mid prospect like Haula. There's not a snowballs chance in hell the Wild come close to touching something like that.
Someone in their thread on it said they would be lucky to get our first, or a package of Seto/Coyle. I think most Buff fans know he isn't exactly worth his contract right now so they aren't even looking for a package that large. Give up Seto, which hurts but come on, Vanek is elite and a huge upgrade to us for salary and then either Bulmer or Clutterbuck and I would gladly take Vanek on the team, add or subtract a mid pick or two I think that is reasonably close.

Pretty sure the guy saying Vanek was a headcase was referring to Tyler Hirsch. Vanek by all accounts was loved by the coaching staff and players.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote