View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

vCash: 500
Third Lines:

Kirk Muller - Jonathan Toews - Eddie Litzenberger vs. Yvon Lambert - Bobby Holik - George Armstrong

The Thistles' third line is not a traditional one, but is a pretty strong defensive line, but it also serves as an offensive line. I don't know if it's a shutdown line at all, but all three players can play responsible defensive hockey. I think Litzenberger is severely overrated, and he didn't play with an edge. Muller is really the only physical player on the line, which I think is an issue for a third line, especially if it is to be pitted against the oppositions top offensive lines.

The Roos' third line is capable of shutting the oppositons' top lines. The line offers physicality, corner work and forechecking. The lines' purpose is to cycle the opposition to death, while being very physical in doing so. It is not as strong offensively as the Thistles' third line, but I feel a lot more comfortable matching this line against a first line. The 'Bobby Holik Effect' is going to be a huge asset in this series, especially when a high-octane offensive player like Jean Beliveau in on the other side. Holik is a big time shutdown centre, and he will follow Beliveau everywhere on the ice and make it absolute hell for him. Whenever the Roos' get their desired matchup, every time 'Le Gros Bill' steps onto the ice, he will see the massive Holik ready to stick to him like super glue.

from a shutdown perspective, Australia holds the advantage for third lines.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote