Thread: News Article: Don't Rip Pens, or Else...
View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 09:56 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
I agree there is no added interest in Pittsburgh, however from a marketing stand point, there is high value in that region. Granted not what the League targets, that being casual fans. Pittsburgh market has a high amount of avid fans. They have the highest RSN (regional sports network) rating among all NHL teams. They have a very deep rooted fan base.

I'll add, that being said, Crosby is the most marketable asset the League has and obviously leverages nationally. That IS an interest, however I do not believe it would effect any disciplinary decisions to do with him or the Penguins. People in those positions are of high integrity.
im gonna disagree with you on some points here.

1) Crosby is the the one they choose to market the most. there are many other players that could be marketed just as much nationally. not just in their area.

2) "people in those positions are of high integrity". really? do you remember that fiasco last year with Colin Campbell and his emails? not only that, but if Bettman has so much integrity, how is it he keeps getting called out by so many coaches, players, fans, etc? you must be a Pens fan.

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote