View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
First of all, if the Sabres are going to trade away Vanek they're going to want much more than that in return. If they're trading him away they're admitting that they are going into a rebuild phase. No way they're going to do that with a pretty high first, a checking winger with 20goal ceiling, a duplicate player (with possible greater upside), and a player that has a long way to go to make it to the show. They would be looking to return something more along the lines of our 1st + Phillips (or player of that stature) + a mid prospect like Haula. There's not a snowballs chance in hell the Wild come close to touching something like that.
Oh yeah. A lot of what I see in here are lowball offers, but that's the way of the HF world: you have a bad 40 games, you're worthless, not worth your contract, prospects are better than you, etc. I can say with near certainty that any deal not including Coyle would be a non-starter from Regier's perspective. (And I completely understand why Wild fans wouldn't want to trade him, but you have to understand why we wouldn't trade a proven player like Vanek for second-tier prospects.)

We Sabres fans are down on him because he completely disappeared in the second half--be it because of injuries or any number of other factors. But, at the same time, we don't forget that only two NHL players outscored Vanek in the calendar year 2011. Plus, if Heatley's ice time is any indication, he'd see a lot more ice in Minnesota than he does in Buffalo.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote