View Single Post
Old
04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Leafs Forever

vCash: 500
Looking forward to a good series.

I'm studying for an exams at the moment (including one on my argument class tomorrow, ironically), so I'll be delaying slightly in really starting things on my side. Suffice to say for now that I disagree with certain line argument presented thus far.

I'll weigh in on Primeau/Jackson here: it is severely underrating Primeau to call him the Rucchin to Kariya/Selanne, or anything approaching that. He was a star in his own right, and is not far off from Jackson (if behind at all- though not a territory I'm well read on to make a definite call); he was definitely a key cog to that line, even if he served as the playmaking, defensive consience.

As far as Jackson/Schmidt leading an offensive charge: "he wouldn't be prestigious in hockey history if he couldn't" in terms of Schmidt is a fairly weak argument- Schmidt is generally known for all-around play, and it is plenty possible to become famous in hockey history for other things. And Conacher was certainly the big one who seemed to lead things on the Kid line.

Leafs Forever is offline   Reply With Quote