Old
03-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
my friend.

close, but no elbow. He caught Marshall with tri-cep area, below the shoulder and above the elbow.

But you can see what you want to see and that's cool. I'll just try to point out the truth where and when I can to help ya out.

sound cool?
You should be able to see why hockey players defend each other just by looking at your post. Trippy saw an elbow, you saw an "trip-cep area." What do you think the players on your bench are going to see? They're going to see a questionable hit that wasn't called and they are going to retaliate. It's called friendship --or chemistry-- and players who are willing to exact that pound of flesh, inevitably taking a few punches in the process, will bring you that much closer to the cup by giving your star players that much more confidence.

Now look at what happened with Denis Gauthier earlier this year. He thought he was pretty tough throwing those elbows around, hitting other players up high and such. Todd Fedoruk had enough of it and laid out Nedved with a high hit since he couldn't get at him. An eye for an eye. Now I don't think that the Coyotes appreciated Fridges' elbow, but at the same time everyone knew why Nedved suffered that concussion and it had to add an element of tension within the lockerrom. Stanley Cup champions don't have that element.