Thread: Teeeeemuuuu!
View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 08:48 AM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico
Did you like that play on the PP? Seemed like miscommunication between the forward and Skoula as to who was going to pinch. It happens. Ask Foote and Niko on the goal given up a few games ago when they combined to turn over the puck in the Avs end leading to an opponents goal. (I think it was against Phoenix?)

Did you also like the play w/Skrastins and Morris on the ice when Vinny Prospal was left all alone in front of Aeby to score the Ducks only goal? I forget - how many goals were scored when Skoula was on the ice?

I understand folks frustration with Skoula. As Ensane mentioned in another thread, he doesn't use his head all the time when it comes to positioning - but neither does Blake when setting up for big hits or Morris at times. That said, Skoula's been playing pretty solid hockey for the last several weeks.

When he becomes the reason that we've lost games, ok. Cherry-picking every single numbskull play will get you examples from more than Skoula though.

Skoula has played better the last three games, not weeks. In yesterdays game he got caught skating past the play in the neutral zone which led to a 2 v 1 breakaway. Blake covered the pass and Abby made the save. If they scored it would have been a big deal but since they didn't it's out of sight, out of mind. Skoula's issue isn't that he's out of position any more than the others, it's when and where he's out of position.