Thread: Player Discussion: Charlie Coyle
View Single Post
04-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Dr Jan Itor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by grits207 View Post
Sea Dogs fan here. Coyle has obviously been very impressive since coming to Saint John, he really just looks like a man playing against boys out there. To me he looks like he could already a bottom 6 role in the NHL. If I had to guess I'd say Coyle and Phillips will form a hell of a 2nd line for the Wild in the future, they have some serious chemistry. All in all though, it's really tough to get a good read on Sea Dogs players even when you watch them every game because the team is just so dominant that it makes half their team look like superstars.

The playoff stats so far are definitely a bit misleading considering the level of competition Saint John has played so far. The true test will be in the next two rounds and in the Mem. Cup, assuming they make it that far of course.
So what would be expected in those two rounds and the Cup? Should we still anticipate over a ppg? I fully expect their production to go down, but if it goes too far, then we kind of know how inflated they were and then we're back to square one.

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote