View Single Post
Old
03-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I need you to clarify this before I can respond to it.

First of all, the hits Lemieux took (and Jagr whom you have dropped from this conversation and who does NOT have Lemieux's injury history) were not a product of having Ulfie on his team, and that is your position.

Second, Lemieux's injuries were a product of wear and tear. Unless you can specifically cite one, I can't recall a single apocalyptic hit on Lemieux as you are describing re: Nedved.

You mean:
Sometimes you have to have SOMEONE who will fight. That doesn't mean guys like Kasparaitis can't keep grooving right along as they are. They can play their game and let people like Colton Orr and Donald Brashear fight.

This is my point. You said that having people like Kaspar would get his teammates injured because players like Kaspar don't fight. Fine. Put a fighter in your lineup and you eliminate that problem. In other words, your statement has nothing to do with Kasparaitis. He can fight or not fight as long as someone does the job.
Lemieux's injuries, outside of cancer, were mostly the product of treating his body like crap when he first got into the league...

and Kasparitis is affected by this not ONE friggin bit. even if he was a guy that had much interest in dropping the gloves with someone like Brashear... there is NO reason for him to do so in that situation.

Brashear looked like a complete idiot out there tonight guys... and it cost us.