Thread: Atkinson
View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 09:01 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Atkinson is 5'7'', 172 lbs. Obviously, he has to get stronger, but he can't make the same mistake Brassard did and lose his quickness, which is one of his greatest assets. I'd guess, without having seen enough to know his body type, he could carry another 10-15 lbs of muscle without damage to his game. At his height, 182-187 should be enough heft to become stronger on the puck and more competetive on the boards. Agree?
I think that was a convenient excuse for Brassard, who had ups and downs throughout the years. This year pretty much paralleled other seasons. Brassard strikes me as a walking excuse. I'm not going to use him as an example for anything. We do that a lot with CBJ players. We look for that magic "That's the reason!" excuse. Brassard's issues are with Brassard. Any quickness loss wasn't dramatic enough to cause the disaster that was Brassard for quite a bit of the season.

I have no idea what the threshold is for losing quickness and where the trade off is, for Atkinson. From my understanding, his lower body strength is quite good. We'll let the powers that be work with him. His conditioning looked pretty decent already.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote