View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And if Smith were to get hurt and Lindback is out for a while then what? Pickard is Rinne's backup through the playoffs? Would you be happy then? The Ads are the Preds farm team and are there to support in any way the Preds need them to. I'm sorry that you guys are in a playoff hunt and Smith is your guy but we're in the playoffs and we need to be as prepared as possible and if it means Smith has to be called up, so be it.
Completely agree. The Preds have historically rolled the dice by going on road trips with no extra players available on multiple occasions and over the years have more times than not decided to NOT make a precautionary call up just in case somebody can't play/gets hurt in warm ups/gets sick, etc. If Smith got called up, then they are in serious need of his services...they just don't normally make a precautionary call up. Add into that the situation that the Preds are getting ready for the playoffs, and I can't see how anybody could question this move.

Whether Lindback is in bad shape (my guess) or it's just a day-to-day situation and Smith is in Nashville just in case, it doesn't matter. The Preds made the correct call with Smith and can use Smith for practice, protect him from injury in the AHL, and at the same time prepare him for NHL duty if necessary. Don't mean to sound nasty to our friends in MIL, but the Preds made the 100% correct decision in this situation.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote