View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 09:57 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I think that was a convenient excuse for Brassard, who had ups and downs throughout the years. This year pretty much paralleled other seasons. Brassard strikes me as a walking excuse. I'm not going to use him as an example for anything. We do that a lot with CBJ players. We look for that magic "That's the reason!" excuse. Brassard's issues are with Brassard. Any quickness loss wasn't dramatic enough to cause the disaster that was Brassard for quite a bit of the season.

I have no idea what the threshold is for losing quickness and where the trade off is, for Atkinson. From my understanding, his lower body strength is quite good. We'll let the powers that be work with him. His conditioning looked pretty decent already.
I do think that there is a point where additional weight can impede Atkinson's quickness. Whether that was true about Brass is immaterial. At 172, Atkinson is already stronger on the puck than Brassard, whatever is his true weight.

I agree that Cam appears to be a very well-conditioned player, with adequate lower body strength. I think, in order to advance as a top six forward, he needs to increase his upper body strength to compete better. I trust that his off-season will be monitored better than some other recent Jackets, who came back in less effective shape than when they left. Brass may or may not be one example, but there are certainly others.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote